Cauliflower & White Sweet Potato Soup (with Bull Kelp)
A great winter warmer, this soup is rich and creamy with the Middle Eastern flavours of cumin, coriander and paprika spice. A great recipe for those cooler months.
1 medium cauliflower (cut into small florets)
2 medium white sweet potato (with purple skins removed) cubed
1 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoon ground coriander
2 teaspoons sweet paprika
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion chopped
2 cloves garlic chopped
2 ½-3 cups quality vegetable stock
¼ cup chopped parsley
1/3 cup natural yoghurt (optional) to serve
Tasmanian Bull Kelp to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 220’C.
- Combine the cumin, coriander, sweet paprika and cinnamon in a small bowl mixing well.
- Add 2 teaspoons of the spice mix into another bowl with half the cauliflower florets and 1 tablespoon of olive oil, gently tossing the cauliflower until evenly coated.
- In a baking tray, roast the spiced cauliflower in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown, then leave aside.
- In a large saucepan heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and saute (on medium heat) the remaining cauliflower with the onion, garlic and sweet potato for up to 10 minutes until softened.
- Add the remaining spices and cook for another 2 minutes until spice aroma is released.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil then simmer for a further 20 minutes until both the sweet potato and cauliflower is tender.
- Remove from heat and using a hand held blender, puree your soup with the parsley until smooth and creamy.
- Ladle the soup into your serving bowls and garnish with the roasted cauliflower florets, parsley, yoghurt and a pinch of ground chilli powder.
- Finish off with a sprinkle of Tasmanian Bull Kelp for extra nutrition.
For a little more warmth, try adding ½ teaspoon of ground chilli to the spice blend.
Read more here about the benefits of Tasmanian Bull Kelp
Gluten Free | Vegan | Vegetarian