Homemade Organic Granola Recipe
It’s two in a row from Affordable Wholefoods Recipe contributor Meg Phillips. This time it’s a delicious and simple granola recipe using mostly organic ingredients (though you can of course tailor to your preference). Making your own if you have the time and motivation is a great way to save money on expensive store bought varieties, and you also get to choose your preferred flavours. Enjoy!
3 cups of organic rolled oats (on special this week)
4 tablespoons of organic coconut oil (melted)
4 tablespoons of organic rice malt syrup
1 cups of organic cashews
1 cups of organic almonds (or Australian Insecticide Free)
1 cup of organic pepitas
3 tablespoons organic linseeds
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup of organic coconut flakes
- Preheat your oven to 180’C
- Combine the oats, seeds, nuts and cinnamon in a bowl and mix well.
- In a small jug mix the coconut oil and rice malt syrup.
- Pour the mixture in with the oats, nuts and seeds etc and mix until well coated.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and spread the mixture evenly onto the tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before eating.
For a light breakfast or brunch try sprinkling onto your favourite yoghurt, or smoothie bowl, or enjoy with a splash of almond or lite coconut milk and a handful of fresh seasonal fruits.
Dairy Free | Vegan | Refined Sugar Free
You can follow more of Meg ‘s recipes through her Instagram Page here