Raw Caramel Slice
This is our first recipe from local Sports & Exercise Student Meg Phillips. Meg has a passion for healthy plant based food and has shared with us her take on a Raw Vegan Caramel Slice made with a combination of dates, nuts, coconut oil and maple syrup. This recipe has been a hit on Meg’s Instagram page. You can see more of Meg’s recipes here @_megphil
For the base:
1. Process the almonds and cashews to a fine powder in a high speed blender or food processor.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and process until it becomes a dough that sticks together well.
3. Press this mixture into a tin lined with baking paper (tin will need to be fairly deep approx. 6cm deep).
For the caramel layer:
15-20 Medjool dates (seeds removed and soaked in hot water for 10 min, if your dates are quite large you may only need the smaller amount)
1 cup of tahini
Pinch of fine pink Himalayan salt
1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
1/4 cup of maple syrup
1. Process all ingredients in a blender or high speed food processor till smooth.
2. Pour this mixture over the base and set in the freezer while you melt the chocolate.
For the chocolate topping
100g Loving Earth Mylk chocolate
1. Melt the chocolate and pour over the caramel and set in the freezer for a few hours.
2. Serve cold and enjoy.
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Raw | Vegan | Refined Sugar Free
If you are into raw foods you can also try our Chocolate Magnesium Slice