Turmeric Golden Milk
Makes: 2 cups
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 10 mins
2 ½ cups unsweetened and full-fat almond, coconut milk or milk of your choice
1 stick cinnamon or 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon and more as garnish at the end
2 cardamom pods bruised or 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
2 inches fresh turmeric sliced or 1 ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
1-inch fresh ginger sliced or ½ teaspoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon coconut oil
Pinch of black pepper
1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey or more to taste
- Place milk, cinnamon stick, turmeric, ginger, coconut oil, and black pepper in a small saucepan.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until warm but not boiling.
- Give it a taste and add in your sweetener.
- If you used fresh turmeric and ginger and cardamom pods, strain the liquid into your cups, or divide it into two mugs.
- Sprinkle with ground cinnamon. Serve and Enjoy!