Moroccan Sweet Potato, Carrot & Chickpea Soup
You can’t go past this soup for a tummy warmer in winter. With delicious warming spices, creamy sweet potato & carrot and wholesome chickpeas, this is a recipe for the whole family and so simple to make. Enjoy.
Serving Size: Serves 4-6
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large brown onion (chopped)
2 garlic cloves (chopped)
1 teaspoon ground coriander
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
600g orange sweet potato (peeled and diced)
500g carrots (peeled and diced)
6 cups vegetable or chicken stock (depending on your preference)
1/2 cup chickpeas (soaked and cooked) OR 1 x 300g tin organic chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
1/2 small lemon rind
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion and garlic in olive oil over medium heat for 6-8 minutes stirring often.
- Add the coriander, cumin and chilli spices and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the sweet potato and carrot and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the cooked chickpeas and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Blend the soup in batches until smooth, then return to the saucepan on low to medium heat. Stir in the lemon rind and season with salt and pepper (do not boil), then serve piping hot garnished with fresh parsley and coriander.
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Vegetarian | Vegan | Refined Sugar Free