AW Life Changing Bread
This weeks recipe of the week is our take on the popular Life Changing Bread. Full of delicious nuts, seeds, oats and psyllium husks, it’s a high protein and satisfying alternative to your standard grain bread. Enjoy.
1 cup insecticide free sunflower seeds
1/2 cup linseeds
1/2 cup of whole hazelnuts & almonds
1 1/2 cups of rolled oats
2 tablespoons chia seeds
4 tablespoons psyllium husks
1 teaspoon sea salt fleur de sel
1 tablespoon maple syrup
3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
1 1/2 cups water
- In a flexible, silicon loaf pan (or alternative loaf baking pan) combine all the dry ingredients and stir well.
- In a small bowl whisk together the maple syrup, oil and water until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well until everything is completely soaked (if the dough is too thick to stir, add one or two teaspoons of water until the dough is manageable).
- Smooth out the top of the dough with spatula or spoon and let it sit for at least 2 hours (overnight preferred).
- To ensure the dough is ready, it should retain its shape even when you pull the sides of the loaf pan (silicon) away from it.
- Preheat the oven to 175′ celsius.
- Place the loaf pan in the oven on the middle rack and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the loaf pan and place back in the oven upside down on the rack (no pan) and bake for another 30-40 minutes.
- The bread is ready when it sounds hollow when tapped. Let the bread cool completely before slicing (this step is important).
- Store your bread in a cool place in a tightly sealed container for up to five days.
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Vegan