Gluten Free Cinnamon Biscuits
Tess who manages our Coffs Harbour Store is an avid foodie who just happens to suffer from Coeliac disease. She is always looking for gluten free recipes that tantalise the taste buds, and I’ve grown quite fond of our Monday morning chats about the weekends brekkie and dinners creations.
This recipe cooked (and photographed) by Tess and her partner Alex, was inspired by Alyssia Fraser’s Cinnamon biscuits in her book ‘The Food at My Table – Sweets’.
300g almond meal
100g white rice flour
6 teaspoons cinnamon powder
1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
75 ml coconut oil
¼ cup honey
- Combine the dry ingredients together.
- Add the coconut oil, honey and egg.
- Mix well using your hands to bring the dough together in a bowl.
- Break into smaller amounts forming small balls and flattening with your hands OR roll flat between baking paper and cut out into shapes.
- Bake in a moderate oven 175’C until golden (15-20 minutes).
NOTE: due to variance in egg size the dough might be too wet. If this is the case, add more rice flour to roll out the mix.
Replace cinnamon with ginger powder (4 teaspoons) to make ginger snap cookies, or use a combination of vanilla essence and powder to make Vanilla cookies.
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Refined Sugar Free | Paleo
If you like this recipe you may also enjoy these: