Gluten Free Date and Walnut Loaf
This weeks ‘Recipe of the Week’ has been contributed by our Lismore store manager Caroline. A delicious gluten and dairy free Date and Walnut loaf. Enjoy.
110g gluten free plain flour
110g gluten free self-raising flour
110g nuttelex (or non-dairy alternative)
1 teaspoon bicarb soda
130ml boiling water
60g walnuts, chopped
230g dates, chopped
1 x egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 180′ Celcius (170′ gas)
- Place the chopped dates, nuttelex and bicarb into a bow.
- Pour the boil water over the date mixture and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Add the walnuts, flours (both) and beaten egg to the cooled date mixture and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a lined loaf tin and bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the pan before transferring to a rack. Enjoy plain or spread with nuttelex (or butter if preferred).
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Refined Sugar Free