Mini Jalapeño + Cheese Loaves
This week’s recipe of the week has been shared by store owner Denise, Mini Jalapeño and Cheese Loaves. Perfect as a lunchtime snack served heated or cool, they have a satisfying savoury flavour with the tangy bite of Jalapeño Peppers.
11/2 cups almond meal
1/2 cup flaxseed meal
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped fresh coriander
1/2 cup sour cream, full fat
4 tablespoons butter, melted
4 large eggs
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 pinch smoked sea salt (optional)
1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1/4 cup chopped pickled Jalapeño Peppers
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Grease a mini loaf pan or muffin pan with butter
- In a large bowl whisk together the dry ingredients including the almond meal, flaxseed meal, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the wet ingredients. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together then fold the diced Jalapeño Peppers and cheddar cheese into the batter
- Spoon the batter evenly into the mini loaf pan or muffin tray
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the loaves start to turn golden brown
- Cool the loaves in the pan for about 5 minutes and then remove them to a wire rack to finish. Enjoy!
Gluten-free | Vegetarian