Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Slice
This weeks Recipe of the Week is a favourite made by our Lismore Store Manager Caroline Grissell. Using Affordable Wholefoods ingredients including our freshly ground peanut butter from in store, the combination of peanuts, chocolate and maple syrup with the crunch of buckwheat kernels make this slice super irresistible.
1 cup pitted dates
2 1/2 cups of natural almond meal
4 tablespoons desiccated coconut
2 tablespoons cacao powder
1/4 cup raw buckwheat kernels
2 cups ground peanut butter
4 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
4 tablespoons maple syrup
- Line a square slice pan with baking paper.
- Soak the dates in boiling water (enough to cover) for ten minutes
- Drain the dates and place into a food processor. Add the almond meal, coconut and cacao and process until well combined.
- Put the mixture into a bowl and stir in the raw buckwheat.
- Press into the lined tray and chill for about ten minutes.
- In a bowl combine the peanut butter, coconut oil and maple syrup and mix well.
- Put the peanut butter mixture on top of the base and level out.
- Allow to chill for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Melt the dark chocolate and pour on top then refrigerate until set. Once set, slice into the sizes you like and enjoy.
Keep slice refrigerated when not eating.
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Vegan