Millionaires Shortbread (Gluten Free/Vegan)
This weeks Recipe of the Week is Millionaires Shortbread; otherwise known as Chocolate Caramel Slice. This recipe has been shared by Janine’s Gluten Free Kitchen and is both gluten free and vegan. And yes, this it has been tried and tasted and as you can imagine, is absolutely divine.
Serving Size: Makes 12 slices
3/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup almond flour
1/4 cup vegan unflavoured or vanilla protein powder
1/2 cup cashew nut butter
1/2 cup maple syrup
pinch Himalayan pink salt
1 cup coconut oil
1 cup smooth all natural peanut butter
1/3 cup maple syrup
Chocolate Top Layer
200g vegan dark chocolate
1/2 cup coconut oil
- Prepare a 10×10 baking pan by lining it with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour and protein powder and mix well. Add the maple syrup and cashew butter and mix until a moist crumbly texture remains. If the mixture is too dry, add more cashew butter until you have the right consistency.
- Transfer the biscuit base to the lined baking pan, press down firmly and place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine peanut butter, coconut oil and maple syrup and mix until completely smooth. Pour this caramel mixture over the shortbread base and place in the fridge to set.
- For the chocolate top layer, melt the dark chocolate in a microwave* and when melted add the coconut oil stirring until well combined.
- Pour over the firm slice then place in the fridge to set.
- Keep in the fridge stored in an airtight container. Enjoy!
* to melt the chocolate in the microwave use a microwave safe bowl that is dry and clean and stop to stir every 20-30 seconds. Note that microwave heat can easily burn chocolate so make sure you leave it no longer then 20 seconds each time until melted.
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Vegan | Refined Sugar Free
To see more recipes from Janine you can visit her YouTube channel here