Raw Cacao Baklava Fudge
This delicious recipe has been contributed by Abigail O’Neil from Model Chocolate… a decadent Raw Cacao Baklava Fudge with a pistachio crumble base. Enjoy.
Pistachio Crumble Base and Topping
1 1/4 cups raw pistachios
1 1/4 cups desiccated coconut
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
3 drops pure essential oil of lemon or 1 – 2 teaspoons of lemon zest
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons raw organic coconut oil
1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- Whizz altogether in your food processor until the mixture is fine but still has some texture.
- Press two thirds of the mixture into the base of a baking paper lined dish approx 27 x 20cm to create a firm base.
- Place the base in the fridge/freezer to harden while you create the filling.
- Set aside the remaining third of the pistachio crumble mixture in a seperate bowl so you can continue to use the food processor.
Cacao Medjool Caramel Fudge Filling
1 1/2 cups pitted Medjool dates
1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
4 tablespoons raw organic coconut oil
1/2 – 3/4 teaspoons sea salt
2 tablespoons raw honey or rice malt/maple syrup
2-3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
1/4 cup raw walnuts or extra whole raw pistachios (optional) added at the end for texture
- Whizz all ingredients together in your food processor until thick, smooth and velvety.
- Spread filling carefully over chilled base, sprinkle with whole pistachios or walnuts (if using) and top with remaining third pistachio crumble mixture.
- Press down with the back of a clean spoon and set Baklava in the fridge or freezer to firm completely.
- Decorate with some melted dark chocolate (also optional)
- Cut into serving sizes and keep refrigerated when not eating.
Gluten Free | Dairy Free