Raw Chocolate and Nut Protein Brownie
This weeks recipe has been inspired by Abigail O’Neil…a raw chocolate brownie using our chocolate protein powder, cacao nibs, nuts and plump medjool dates.
Abigail is the writer of the book Model Chocolate which has some amazing chocolate recipes if you are a fan. Enjoy.
Serving size: makes 14-16 brownies
1/2 cup raw cacao powder
2 tablespoons chocolate protein powder (ask in store or alternatively use another superfood powder of your choice).
3/4 cup cacao nibs
2 cups (in total) of mixed pecans, walnuts and cashew nuts
2 cups Medjool dates, pitted
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1-2 tablespoons of raw cacao powder for sprinkling
- Put all your ingredients together in a food processor and process for 1-2 minutes with short breaks to ensure all ingredients from the sides are mixed.
- Process the mixture until you have your desired consistency (longer for a smoother mixture and shorter for a crunchier mixture).
- Line a setting tray (5-10 cms deep) with non-stick baking paper and then place the mixture into the tray firmly pressing down to bind together (you may want to use gloves for this part).
- Dust lightly with an extra sprinkle of raw cacao powder.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to cool and set then cut into rectangular or square slices. Enjoy.
Note: These brownies are quite soft and moist and can be almost fudge like depending on the exact amounts of dates used i.e. squashed into a cup measurement or not. This recipe was made with the dates being measured loosely in the cup before pitting.
Gluten Free | Dairy Free