Raw Lemon & Coconut Slice (GF/DF)
AFFORDABLE WHOLEFOODS – RECIPE OF THE WEEK
A delicious lemony raw slice inspired by Loving Earth. This one was made in house by Kym who said it reminded her of her grandmothers lemon slice as a child….only without the refined sugar. The raw lemon and coconut slice is sweetened with dates and maple syrup.
Preparation time: 10 minutes Setting time: 30 minutes
Serving Size: Makes roughly 18-20 serves
1 cup of organic raw cashews
1 cup fine organic desiccated coconut
1 cup organic Medjool dates
pinch of salt
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 cup organic raw cashews
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon rind
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon organic vanilla essence
1-2 tablespoons organic desiccated coconut
1/2 tablespoon lemon rind
- Line a medium sized slice tin with baking paper.
- Add all your base ingredients to a food processor and pulse until well combined. Add a teaspoon of water at a time if needed until the mixture starts to stick together.
- Transfer the mixture to the lined tin and press down evenly to form the base. Place in the freezer to set (about 10 minutes).
- Place all the topping ingredients in the food processor and blend/pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Remove the tin from the freezer and pour the topping on top. Then sprinkle with the extra desiccated coconut and lemon rind before storing in the fridge.
- Best eaten after the slice has set.
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Refined Sugar Free | Raw | Vegan