Raw Snickers Slice
This weeks recipe is a mouth watering Raw Snickers Slice. Made out of all vegan ingredients, it tastes even better then it looks. Recipe contributed by Meg Phillips.
3 cups organic desiccated coconut
6 tablespoons of rice malt (see in store)
2 tablespoons of coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup of tahini
10 organic medjool dates, pitted and soaked in hot water for 10 minutes, then drained
3 tablespoons coconut oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup peanuts, roasted
200g of vegan chocolate
- In a high speed blender or food processor blend the coconut and almonds together until a fine meal is formed. Add the rice malt and coconut oil and blend again until a dough forms then press into a lined baking tin.
- For the caramel, process the tahini, soaked dates, coconut oil and maple syrup in the food processor until smooth and creamy then pour over the base.
- Sprinkle the roasted nuts on top of the caramel layer and set in the freezer for a couple of hours.
- When you are ready to do the topping, melt the chocolate and pour over the top of the caramel peanut layer, then place back in the freezer for another hour or until the chocolate becomes solid again.
- Slice into the desired size pieces using a serrated knife to get through the chocolate layer, then a large sharp knife to slice through the bottom 2 layers.
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Refined Sugar Free