Carob Banana Brownies
This weeks recipe is a super delicious Carob Banana Brownie made using dates, carob buttons and banana. Perfect to test out over the summer holidays. Enjoy!
220g dried pitted dates, chopped
60g carob buttons (no added sugar)
100g butter, softened
2 ripe bananas, mashed
2 free range eggs
80g organic stoneground wholegrain plain flour
50g organic carob powder
80g walnuts, chopped
1 teaspoon Australian vanilla essence
- Preheat your oven to 180’C and lightly grease a square baking tin (around 22cm)
- Cook the dates in just enough water to cover them and as they start to warm add the carob buttons dissolving them as you go until all have been added. (do this on medium heat until the mix resembles a stiff puree.
- Cool the date and carob mixture and then beat with the butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the bananas followed by the eggs and mix well.
- Stir in the flour, carob powder, walnuts and vanilla and mix gently but thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tin and bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes. Allow to cool in the tin before cutting….enjoy!
Refined Sugar Free