Cherry Chia Seed Pudding with Cashew Cream
Our cherry chia pudding recipe is gluten, dairy and refined sugar free….the perfect ‘light’ dessert to serve over the festive season. You’ll also find this one of the simplest chia puddings to make and the vegan cashew cream adds a rich & creamy element to the dish that is super delicious.
Serving Size: 4
For the pudding
2 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup cherries, pitted and halved
1/2 teaspoon cardamon ground
1 1/2 – 2 tablespoons of maple syrup (depending on your sweet tooth)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup of chia seeds
For the cashew cream
1/4 cup cashew nuts
1/4 cup cherries, pitted and halved
2 tablespoons cold water
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- Blend the almond milk, cherries, maple syrup, vanilla and cardamom together in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Pour the cherry mixture over the chia seeds and mix well. Allow to rest for 5 minutes and then mix again. Repeat this process once more and then cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Soak the cashews in water and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours (minimum) or overnight.
- For the cashew cream, blend the cherries in a blender or processor until smooth, then drain and rinse the soaked cashews and add to the blender along with the cold water. Blend until the cashews are pureed and also smooth. Add the vanilla extract and maple syrup and blend again for another 30 seconds to a minute.
- Before serving, give the pudding a stir and then divide into 4 cups, top with the cherry cashew cream and garnish with fresh chopped cherries and mint leaves (optional).
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Vegan | Refined Sugar Free