Chocolate Avocado Tart
This week’s Recipe of the Week has been shared by ‘The Food at My Table’ author Alyssia Fraser – Velvety and decadent Chocolate Avocado Tart. The avocado brings a vegan-friendly silky texture to the filling and which is complemented by the thin and crispy base, making a truly delicious and easy to make dessert.
200g almond meal
50 g white rice flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
50 mL rice bran oil
1 egg, whisked
1/3 cup rice syrup
2 avocados, flesh only (about 1 cup)
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup rice syrup
Add 1/2 tsp tangelo zest to filling
Line tart base with dark chocolate before adding the filling.
- Combine the almond meal, white rice flour and cocoa powder.
- Add rice bran oil, egg and rice syrup.
- Mix thoroughly and form into a wet ball.
- Roll out and line a tart tin (fills a medium tart tin).
- Use extra white rice flour if the mixture is too wet to handle.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celcius for about 15-20 minutes (until cooked). You can blind bake or prick holes in the base before cooking.
- Put aside to cool.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- They must be blended thoroughly. Taste after blending and add more cocoa and/or sweetener if the avocado flavour is still evident.
- Transfer into the base and spread evenly.
- Either cool in the fridge or freeze. I like to eat this tart best semi-frozen so I remove the tart from the freezer in advance to partially thaw it.
Dairy-free | Gluten-Free | Refined Sugar-Free