Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
This weeks recipe of the week comes again from our wonderful instagram stylist and recipe contributor Meg Phillips. Meg has a soft spot for sweet vegan recipes…can you tell?
1 cup gluten free self raising flour
1 cup organic buckwheat flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
3 tablespoons organic cacao powder
1/4 cup organic coconut sugar
1 tablespoon of psyllium husk
(Sift all dry ingredients together into a large mixing bowl).
Handful of raw blanched peanuts
1/2 cup nut milk
3 organic medjool dates, pitted
3 tablespoons of rice malt syrup
6 over ripe bananas (plus one for decoration)
1 tablespoon of coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup of smooth peanut butter (sold in store)
- Heat your oven to 180′ celsius and grease a 6 hole muffin tray with oil.
- Blend all the wet ingredients together in a blender until smooth, then add to the dry ingredients.
- Mix well to combine and then pour the mixture into the muffin tray adding a pice of sliced banana and chopped peanuts on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when poked into the centre.
- Once cooled, add a teaspoon of peanut butter on top and a square of Loving Earth chocolate (sold in store). Enjoy.
Note: Best store in a container out of the fridge and consume within 3-4 days.
Vegan | Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Refined Sugar Free