To complete our February focus on school lunch box ideas, here is a delicious, fun and easy cornflake cookie recipe. A great one to get the kids involved in the making.
3 cups cornflakes
100g organic butter
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 teaspoons vanilla essence
1 tablespoon organic unbleached plain flour
- Pre-heat your oven to 180’C (160’C fanforced).
- In a medium size bowl, cream the butter, caster sugar and vanilla essence until it’s light and fluffy.
- Add your egg to the mix and stir well until combined.
- Sift in your flours and mix to form a soft dough.
- Pour the cornflakes out onto a tray and then take small rounded portions of the biscuit mixture and drop it into the cornflakes, rolling around with your palms until it is completely covered.
- Place the cookies onto a prepared baking tray, allowing room between biscuits for expanding.
- Bake in a the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Try adding sultanas, sunflower seeds or pepitas into the dough mixture for a little extra texture and flavour.