Fig, Pear & Goji Berry Cake
This is our second collaborative post with Sarah Follent from Baked Livingness – a Catering Service based in Albion, Brisbane. Sarah specialises in foods that are free from gluten, dairy and refined sugar, and you may remember the previous recipe she shared on the AW blog, the very popular Activated Seed & Zuchini loaf.
With fresh figs just coming into season, and just in time for Christmas we are now sharing one of her favourite cake recipes made with figs, pear and gojis and a moist almond and coconut base. Enjoy.
1/2 cup organic goji berries (soaked for 15 minutes)
2 tablespoons of Pureharvest coco almond spread or/ your favourite nut spread
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
1/4 cup desiccated coconut
1/8 cup linseeds
1 tablespoon of tahini
3 fresh figs
1 pear grated
1/2 cup linseed meal (flaxseed meal)
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/8 cup coconut sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
1/2 cup almond meal
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1/8 cup arrowroot flour
1/4 cup water or/ coconut milk
- In a food processor blend goji berries, nut butter spread, coconut oil, desiccated coconut and tahini.
- Once well combined mix in all the seeds.
- Press the mixture firm into a lined cake tin until evenly spread.
- In a mix master/ kitchen aid cream the coconut oil, coconut sugar and eggs on high.
- Slowly add in all other ingredients, except the figs, and mix until well combined.
- Poor mixture on top of the base.
- Slice figs and arrange on top of the cake mixture.
- Spray with coconut oil and cover with foil.
- Bake in an oven at 180 degrees for an hour (at half an hour remove foil).
- Enjoy warm with coconut cream and more goji berries.
Note from the author:
Cake is always tastier if served the day after…
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Refined Sugar Free
To see more from Sarah visit her on Instagram @bakedlivingness or see her