G/F Banana & Raspberry Muffins
This weeks Recipe of the Week is a gluten free banana & raspberry muffin made on sorghum flour. Our store manager Caroline has been experimenting with this flour as a gluten free alternative option to offer our customers and this muffin works a treat. It’s best eaten on the same day (or next day) of baking and with the recipe making 6 this works perfectly. You can of course freeze for snacks or lunch boxes. Enjoy!
Makes: 6 medium size muffins
3/4 cup sorghum flour
3/4 cup ripe mashed banana
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/4 cup raspberries
1 tablespoons maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180′ celsius
- Combine sorghum flour, cinnamon and baking powder together.
- Add the mashed banana and coconut oil to the flour mixture and stir till well combined.
- Add the raspberries and stir until just mixed (folded through).
- Line a patty pan tray with papers and fill 6 papers evenly.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes then remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before eating.
Note: Best eaten with 48 hours of baking.
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Vegan