Ginger Maple Cookies
This week we share with you a delicious festive cookie recipe from local recipe creator and author Elle Spence of My Country Table. With a hint of ginger and cinnamon, this simple gluten free cookie has just 6 ingredients and is so easy to make. Add a pecan and you have cookie perfection! Thanks Elle for sharing with us.
Serving Size: makes approx 8-10 cookies
2 cups of almond meal
1/3-1/2 cup of maple syrup (depending on sweet tooth)
1 teaspoon of baking powder (gluten free)
1 teaspoon of ginger powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Heat your oven to 180′ Celsius and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Mix the almond meal, baking powder, ginger and cinnamon together.
- Stir in the maple syrup until you have a sticky dough.
- Roll into balls and pop onto your tray.
- Press down with a flat bottom water glass (Tip: wet the bottom of the glass to avoid sticking).
- Place in the oven and bake for 12 minutes until brown (for a chewy consistency) or medium brown (for a more crispy consistency).
- Allow to cool on a rack then enjoy!
Tip: Double the recipe if you have a larger family (or live with a few cookie monsters!)
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Refined Sugar Free
To see more from Elle you can visit her Instagram page here