Gluten Free Chocolate Banana Bread
This weeks Recipe of the Week has been contributed by Tris Alexandra Nutrition. A twist on traditional banana bread having the optional added deliciousness of raw cacao powder. This banana bread is gluten free, dairy free and packed with fibre. Great for breakfasts, school lunches or morning teas. Enjoy!
3 medium bananas, well mashed
1 cup of buckwheat flour
1/2 cup almond meal
3 heaped tablespoons of organic raw cacao powder (optional)
2 tablespoons of coconut sugar
1/4 cup arrowroot powder (or tapioca flour as a replacement)
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1 teaspoon mixed spice
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon bicarb soda
Pinch of salt
1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon of olive oil
1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon almond milk
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (optional)
1 free range egg
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celcius and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl add in all dry ingredients.
- In another large mixing bowl, mash the banana well with a fork. Add in all other wet ingredients including the egg and whisk until well combined.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients in. Mix well.
- Pour into your loaf tin (optional – slice a banana in half lengthways and place on top).
- Bake for 45-50 minutes (insert a skewer to test if ready).
- Allow to cool before slicing. Enjoy!
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Refined Sugar Free
To see more from Tris visit her website here