Homemade Vegan Chocolates
This week’s recipe of the week has been shared by Lismore store manager Caroline, delicious Homemade Vegan Chocolates. Melt in the mouth and easy to make, these delicious chocolates make a great gift for Christmas or a tasty festive after-dinner treat.
Vegan Dark Chocolate
- 200g cacao butter
- 1/3 cup cocoa (sifted)
- 5 tbsp maple syrup
- Melt cacao butter in a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, making sure the bowl isn’t touching the water and stirring constantly.
- When cacao butter is melted, take the bowl off the heat, being careful of the steam from the saucepan.
- Add maple syrup and stir to combine.
- Add cocoa and stir well, continuing to stir as it cools.
- Pour into moulds and chill.
Cranberry & Pistachio White Chocolate
- 120g cacao butter
- 80g coconut milk powder
- 50g icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 30g pistachio kernels (chopped)
- 30g cranberries (chopped)
- Melt cacao butter in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, making sure the bowl isn’t touching the water and stirring constantly.
- When cacao butter is melted add icing sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Add coconut milk powder and vanilla and whisk for 3 mins. Remove from heat. Continue whisking until chocolate cools slightly and starts to thicken.
- Add pistachios and cranberries, pour into moulds and set.
Note: If you don’t have access to chocolate moulds, the chocolate mix can be poured onto a lined baking tray and sprinkled with the kernels and cranberries to make chocolate bark.
Dairy-free | Gluten-free | Refined-sugar free