This weeks Recipe of the Week has been shared with us by ‘The Food At My Table’ author and designer Alyssia Fraser. A super delicious gluten and dairy free (in season) Mandarin Cake made with 5 simple ingredients. You’ll love this one.
3 medium size mandarins
250g of almond meal
1 tsp of baking powder
1/2 cup rice malt syrup
4 eggs, beaten
- Boil the mandarins, covered in water, for 45 minutes or until soft and mushy.
- Drain off the water and leave to cool.
- When cool, cut in half and remove the pips.
- Puree the flesh, juice and skin in a blender, making just over 1 cup of mandarin pulp.
- Add the almond meal, rice syrup and eggs and mix well.
- Pour into a cake tin lined with baking paper.
- Bake in a moderate oven (180’C) until the cake tester comes out clean. The time depends on the oven type – best to check after 20 minutes.
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Refined Sugar Free
If you’d like to read more about ‘The Food At My Table’ Cookbook or see some of Alyssia’s designs you can visit her website here.