Mini Wagon Wheels
This week’s recipe of the week has been shared by Plastic Free Herbivore, Jess Wicks. Mini Wagon Wheels, a tasty and nostalgic treat. Homemade shortbread biscuits, with coconut cream and blueberry jam coated in dark chocolate. Yum!
Makes: 16 biscuits
- 50g plant milk of choice
- 100g cocoa butter, melted or coconut oil
- 100g brown sugar or sugar of choice
- 200g plain flour
- 60g coconut cream fat (leave a can of coconut milk or cream in the fridge and use the solid part once it has separated).
- 8 tsp blueberry jam or jam of choice
- 160g dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the biscuit ingredients until well combined then refrigerate (covered) for up to 20 minutes.
- Use a rolling pin to flatten mixture onto the bench and then use a round biscuit cutter or jar to cut your dough into biscuits.
- Place biscuits onto a lined tray and bake for 10-15 minutes or until they start to brown.
- Leave on the bench to cool before completing the next steps.
- Take your coconut cream and whip it using a fork to make it easier to work with.
- Equally spoon the coconut cream onto half of the number of biscuits. (The amount here depends on the size of your biscuits).
- Equally spoon the jam onto the creamed biscuits.
- Press all of the bare biscuits onto each biscuit that has the filling (don’t press it too hard).
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl and coat each biscuit ‘sandwich’ in the chocolate (using a fork to make the process easy). Place each one back onto the lined tray and place in the fridge.
- Enjoy once the chocolate is set (if you can wait that long).
Dairy-free | Vegan