Orange, Almond and Rosemary Cookies
This week’s Recipe of the Week is shared by clinical nutritionist & wellness advocate Tris Alexandra. The buttery creamy cookies are soft centred and sweetened with fresh orange and a hint of rosemary. Egg and Gluten-free, this recipe is perfect for those with allergies and gut sensitivity and can be adapted to be vegan friendly by swapping out the butter for a vegan substitute. Enjoy!
Makes: 12 cookies
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 18 mins
2 cups almond meal
1/4 cup coconut sugar (or granulated sugar/sweetener alternative, e.g. stevia, monk fruit)
1/4 cup butter, melted (for vegan swap to vegan alternative)
1 tsp baking powder
1 orange, zest & juice
1-2 tbls fresh rosemary, chopped
pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees celcius & line a baking tray with paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add almond flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and rosemary.
- Grate orange rind and add zest into the flour mix. Squeeze juice of the whole orange into the flour mix.
- Melt butter and add into the flour mix. Combine all ingredients well.
- Spoon mixture into 12 balls onto the baking tray. Press each ball down and shape into cookies.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes (depending on your oven) until cookies are golden and firm to a light touch. Allow to cool completely on a cooling rack.
Gluten-Free | Vegan option
To see more recipes from Tristen visit her site here.