Pear and Honey Pudding with Ginger
This weeks recipe of the week is inspired by Gourmet Traveler Magazine. A traditional style pudding made with pears, butter, ginger and honey. Good old fashioned winter indulgence! Enjoy.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
Serving Size: serves 6 – 8
90 grams of honey
30 grams butter, diced
4 packham/williams pears, cored and cut into rough 2 cm pieces
Icing sugar for dusting
Ginger Sponge Topping
1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
150 grams softened unsalted butter
100 grams raw caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon ginger ground
3cm knob of fresh ginger finely cut
1. Preheat your oven to 170’C. Bring the honey and butter to the boil in a saucepan, then add the pears and reduce the heat to a simmer, stirring occasionally until the pears are tender (about 5-7 minutes).
2. Spoon the pear mixture into a 1.5 litre baking dish.
3. For the ginger sponge, sieve the flour and baking powder into a bowl. Beat the butter and sugar in an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment until pale and creamy.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well between additions, then mix in the ginger, flour and baking powder until well combined.
5. Spoon the batter evenly over the pear mix.
6. Bake in the oven until the top is risen and golden brown (30-35 minutes). Dust with icing sugar and serve hot with ice-cream. Enjoy!