Polenta Cake with Berries
This weeks Recipe of the Week is a scrumptious Polenta cake with mixed berries from Gateway Fine Foods. This one looks so good, we could almost smell it just looking at the photo. Love to hear some feedback from makers. Enjoy.
Serving Size: Makes 2 loaf cakes or 1 large round cake
175 grams polenta
175 grams rice flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder (GF)
150ml coconut milk (or almond or similar)
3 large free range eggs
100ml maple syrup
125 grams rice syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pinch of salt
200 grams of fresh or frozen berries
A handful of pistachios, chopped, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius and line your tin/s with baking paper
- Mix all the dry ingredients together and set aside.
- Seperate the eggs then beat the egg whites until stiff and set aside.
- Beat the egg yolks for one minute then add the maple and rice syrup and beat for a further two minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Add the stiff egg whites and berries and fold gently into the mix.
- Pour the batter into your lined tin and bake for 30-40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Once cooled you can dust with icing sugar (gluten free) and top with fresh berries and pistachios
Gluten Free | Dairy Free