Salted Chocolate and Oat Cookies
This weeks recipe of the week comes again from Tris of Balanced Body Nutrition…a delicious cookie made from oats, maple syrup, tahini and dark chocolate. This one would be great for school lunches and to get the kids active in the kitchen. Enjoy!
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup oat flour (Simply rolled oats blended into a flour)
1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
3 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
1/2 cup of hulled tahini
50g Dark Sea Salt Chocolate, chopped (you can use our Pumpy Jackson Rocky Pink Sea Salt or any other dark chocolate of your choice)
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 170’C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix wet ingredients (tahini, maple syrup and olive oil) in a mixing bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Spoon out golf ball sized balls of the dough onto the baking tray. Press each ball down and sharpe into thick cookies.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in your pre-heated oven until just golden (so the inside remains soft and moist).
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool and enjoy!
Note: The cookies will remain soft whilst still warm so be careful transferring them. Once they are cool they will be firm.
Dairy Free | Refined Sugar Free
To see more from Tris you can visit her recipe blog here