Snickers Bliss Balls
We’ve had this sweet little number up our sleeve since the Affordable Wholefoods Christmas get together last December. You can always count on Tess (Our Coffs Harbour store Manager) to bring something high on the decadent scale, and this time she surpassed even her own standards. Tess found the original inspiration for this recipe on the Wholefoods Simply Recipe Blog and modified it slightly to her own tastes. Peanut butter, chocolate, maple syrup & rose petals, say no more…….
1 cup dry roasted cashews
1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
6 tablespoons peanut butter
3 tablespoons maple syrup
3 tablespoons cacao powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
4 teaspoons coconut oil
Pinch of sea salt
¼ cup quality dark chocolate (dairy free)
Rose petals for decoration
- Put the roasted nuts into a food processor and pulse them till they are roughly broken. Then empty them into a bowl for later.
- Add the rest of your ingredients into the food processor and blend into a paste. Add the nuts slowly so you don’t blend the nuts any further. You want them to be crunchy!
- Press the mixture into balls and put them into the fridge to set. Don’t worry if they seem a little bit soft, the coconut oil will firm them up in the fridge.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and drizzle over the top of the bliss balls when they are straight out of the fridge. Sprinkle the rose petals on top!
- If you want to, put them back into the fridge to set the chocolate. Then eat and enjoy!
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Refined Sugar Free | Vegan
If you like this recipe you may also like our Raw Chocolate Magnesium Slice