Vegan Ginger Nut Biscuits
This weeks Recipe of the Week is a delicious gluten free, vegan Ginger Nut Biscuit from Meg Phillips. Made with a combination of gluten free plain flour and besan flour (chickpea), they’re crunchy on the outside and soft in the middle with a beautiful ginger flavour. Enjoy!
1 cup gluten free plain flour
1 cup besan flour
1 tablespoon tapioca flour
1/2 tablespoon ginger powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup rice malt syrup
1/4 cup of coconut oil (melted)
1/4 cup of almond milk
- Preheat your oven to 180’C
- Sift the dry ingredients together into a bowl
- Mix the rice malt syrup, coconut oil and almond milk in a seperate bowl and then add the dry ingredients, stirring to combine well.
- Once a dough like consistency has formed, roll the mixture into balls (about the size of a golf ball) and place on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Press the balls down to flatten.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes then remove from the oven and allow the biscuits to cool. They will harden as they cool and becoming crunchy on the outside but remaining soft in the centre.
- Store in an airtight container. Enjoy.
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Refined Sugar Free
To see more from Meg visit her instagram page here