Vegan Monte Carlo Biscuits
This weeks recipe of the week is a super delicious Vegan Monte Carlo biscuit. Made by our very own Meg Phillips … recipe creator for Affordable Wholefoods.
For the Biscuit
1 cup buckwheat flour
1 and 1/2 cups of almonds (blended to a fine meal, or alternatively use 1 1/4 cups of natural almond meal)
4 tablespoons of coconut sugar
1/4 cup of rice malt syrup
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of vanilla powder or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/4 cup almond milk
- Mix all the ingredients together until a dough forms, roll into golf ball sized balls and press down with a fork.
- Bake in the oven at 150’C for 15 minutes or until golden on top.
- Let the biscuits cool on the tray (biscuits will harden as they cool).
For the Cream
1 cup of cashews soaked overnight
1/4 teaspoon of vanilla powder or 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
2 tablespoons of rice malt syrup
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Drain the cashews and add to a blender or food processor with remaining ingredients.
- Blend until smooth and creamy
- Transfer to a bowl and place in the freezer to set for a couple of hours (you want this cream to be quite thick so that it holds the biscuits together).
For the Jam
1 cup of frozen raspberries
1 teaspoon chia seeds
- Melt the raspberries over a low heat and mix in the chia seeds
- Place in the fridge to thicken for approximately 20 minutes
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Vegan