Zucchini and Walnut Loaf
If you’re a fan of Carrot Cake then you’ll love this weeks recipe of the week. A delicious Zucchini & Walnut Loaf bursting with the flavours of cinnamon and nutmeg. This loaf is easy to make and great as a morning or afternoon tea snack.
2 cups of grated zucchini (packed and not squeezed)
2 large free range eggs
1/2 cup macadamia oil (or another vegetable oil)
3/4 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon Australian vanilla essence
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon bicarb soda
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 cups of organic stoneground wholegrain spelt flour
1/2 cups walnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees C.
- Grease and line a loaf pan with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, oil, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, bicarb and salt and whisk until well combined.
- Add the zucchini and walnuts and stir through.
- Add the spelt flour and mix gently with a spatula just enough until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and bake in the oven for approximately 60 minutes or until the skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Using baking paper, remove the loaf from the pan and let it cool before slicing. Enjoy…
Dairy Free | Refined Sugar Free