Caramelised Onion Hummus
This week’s recipe of the week has been shared by Jess Wicks from the Happy Herbivore, Delicious Caramelised Onion Hummus. The perfect dip to add to grazing platters and picnic spreads.
- 1 brown onion sliced
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 400 g chickpeas cooked
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp cumin seeds ground
- 1 Tbsp coriander seeds ground
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 3 Tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pinch salt and pepper to taste
- In a frypan add 1 tbsp olive oil, sliced onion, garlic cloves, brown sugar and 1/4 cup water. Fry until caramelised.
- Add 1/2 of the caramelised onion to a blender with chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, cumin, coriander seeds, onion powder, 2 Tbsp olive oil, 1/2 cup water and salt and pepper. Blitz until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and top with the other half of the caramelised onion, chopped almonds and chives (optional).
Dairy-free | Gluten-free