Vegan Mayonnaise (Cashew Dressing)
RECIPE OF THE WEEK: Affordable Wholefoods
This weeks recipe comes from food blogger Nat Russell. A deliciously wholesome Vegan Mayonnaise made from cashew nuts and a staple condiment for the ‘vegan’ at heart.
1 cup natural raw cashews
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
3 tablespoons lemon juice (half a medium lemon)
1 teaspoon quality dijon mustard
1/2 cup quality olive oil
2/3 cup water
- Soak the cashews in a bowl of water for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Strain the water from the soaking cashews and rinse. They should be soft and plump.
- In a blender, nutri-bullet or thermomix, add all your ingredients but just half of the water in the ingredients (the other half will only be added if it is needed in terms of thickness).
- Blend all of your ingredients stopping from time to time to scrape down the sides until the mix is thick and creamy.
- Add the extra water if needed until you get the consistency you like.
- Pour into a glass jar and store in the refrigerator. Enjoy as a dipping sauce or side for any meal.
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Vegan
To see more from Nat visit her website here