Gluten free Chicken Nuggets with Quinoa
This is a great recipe for kids and adults alike. Gluten free and super tasty, boasting delicious Asian flavours of lemongrass, coriander and chilli, the whole family will love this one.
½ cup water
¼ cup quinoa
500g chicken mince (or finely chopped chicken)
1/3 cup macadamia meal
½ cup chopped coriander
1 red chilli (deseeded and finely diced)
3 cloves of garlic (diced)
1 stick of fresh lemongrass (finely diced)
Zest of ½ lemon
½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Cook your quinoa by bringing to the boil in the ½ cup of water and allowing to simmer for 12-15 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Chop and prepare the coriander, chilli, garlic, lemongrass, lemon zest & black pepper ready for mixing.
- In a large bowl add all the ingredients together and massage until well mixed.
- Roll into bite size nuggets and cook in a large non stick saucepan on medium to high heat with a quality cooking oil.
- Serve hot as they are or with a side of your favourite dipping sauce.
NOTE: Adjust the chilli quantity to suit the whole family. Using a small amount of a mild red chilli may be all that is needed.
Try serving these with homemade chilli sauce, or add to a Napolitana sauce to make Chicken Meatballs and Spaghetti.
This Recipe is:
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Paleo | Sugar Free | Scrumptious