Gluten Free Macadamia Nut Granola
This weeks recipe of the week is a super delicious gluten free macadamia granola shared with us by Casey-Lee Lyons of Live Love Nourish. Casey-Lee is a Brisbane based Nutritionist, Naturopath, Recipe Creator and mother of two young girls. You can see other recipes from Casey-Lee on her website.
Serving Size: 8
1 cup mixed premium raw nuts
1 cup of raw macadamia nuts
1/2 cup pepitas
1/4 cup sunflower seed kernels
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/2 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup quinoa flakes
1.5 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
Pinch of sea salt
2 tablespoons macadamia or coconut oil
3 tablespoons of maple syrup
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Pre-heat your oven (fan-forced) to 150’C.
- In a high powdered blender or food processor pulse the nuts until they are roughly chopped, or chop by hand to desired texture.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all the nuts, seeds, coconut and quinoa together.
- Add the oil, maple syrup and vanilla to the mix and combine well.
- Add the cinnamon & sea salt and mix through.
- Spread the mixture evenly in a single layer onto a lined oven tray (or 2 trays) and bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Check after halfway to ensure muesli is not burning and mix around.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Store in an airtight (glass) jar in a cool and dry place.
- Serve with fresh fruit and yoghurt or milk of your choice.
Gluten Free | Paleo | Dairy Free | Refined Sugar Free