Healthy Cacao Pops
This weeks recipe of the week has been inspired by Taste Magazine. Deliciously sweet cacao pops… but do watch out, they are very addictive.
6 cups organic brown rice puffs
2 tablespoons organic cacao powder
1/4 cup solidified coconut oil
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 130’C fan forced and line two large baking trays with baking paper.
- Place the puffed rice in a large bowl and set aside.
- Place the coconut oil, maple syrup and cacao powder in a small saucepan and heat until the oil is melted mixing the ingredients until smooth.
- Pour the mixture over the rice and using your hands mix until the ingredients are well combined.
- Spread the rice mixture over the prepared baking trays and bake for 3 minutes. Stir well, then return to the oven rotating the trays and bake for another 3 minutes.
- Set aside on the trays to cool completely.Store in an airtight container for up to a week.