Homemade Toasted Muesli
This weeks recipe of the week comes straight from the Cornersmith Cafe cookbook being one of their chef Sabine’s specialty muesli’s. The first time we tried it we loved it so now sharing with all of you.
60 g honey
30g hulled tahini
2 teaspoons olive oil
20g brown sugar
100g rolled oats
25g sunflower seeds
30g insecticide free almonds
10g poppy seeds
30g brown rice puffs
- Preheat your oven to 150’C (300’F) and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine the honey, tahini, olive oil and brown sugar with 30 ml of water in a small saucepan.
- Cook on low heat, stirring until the sugar and honey have dissolved and everything is well combined.
- Put all remaining ingredients into a large bowl and pour the honey mix over the top. Mix thoroughly until all the dried ingredients are coated.
- Spread the mix out on your baking tray and bake for approximately 45 minutes. Ensure that you stop every 15 minutes (3 times) to move the muesli around so it toasts evenly.
- Reduce your oven temperature to 100’C (200’F) and bake for a further 15-20 minutes or until the muesli is dry and evenly toasted (again you may need to mix a few times whilst it cooks).
- Leave to cool before serving.
Serve with your favourite milk, a dollop of yoghurt and top with fresh berries.