Banana Chocolate Oat Bars
This week’s recipe of the week has been shared by Janine Whitling of Living Food Wise, chewy Banana Chocolate Oat Bars. They are perfect for breakfast or a snack on the go, ideal for lunch boxes or snacks to take to work.
Serves: 16 bars
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20-30 minutes
1 medium banana, ripened and mashed
1/2 cup almond butter
2 Tbs pure organic honey
2 Tbs melted coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup organic uncontaminated rolled oats
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
1/2 cup raisins or sultanas
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Line an 8 or 9-inch square baking pan with baking paper and set aside.
- Mash the banana in a large bowl.
- Add the remaining wet ingredients.
- Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients and using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until well incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate chips and raisins.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Using the rubber spatula or your hands, smooth into an even layer.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden. Mine took 15 minutes.
- Cool for about 1 hour.
- Slice into bars and store in an airtight container, preferably refrigerated for longer life.