Carob, Tahini & Orange Bliss Balls
This weeks recipe inspiration comes from Sarah Follent of Baked Livingness. An amazingly light and nourishing bliss ball rolled in a spicy seed mix. Enjoy!
1 cup pepitas
1 cups of sunflower seeds
1/4 cup linseeds
1/8 cup of coconut oil
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
15 Medjool dates (with seeds removed)
zest and juice of one orange
2 tablespoons tahini
3 tablespoons coconut oil
2 tablespoons carob powder
2 cups of roasted almonds
1/3 cup shredded coconut (for rolling)
- In a mixing bowl add all the seed mix ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Place the seed mix onto a lined baking tray and place in the oven on low heat (120’C) for 40 minutes (check regularly to ensure it doesn’t burn). Allow to cool.
- Blend 1/3 of a cup to roll your bliss balls in. For the remainder you can use as a topping on salads, curries or cakes.
- In a food processor blend all the bliss ball ingredients (except the shredded coconut) together until well combined.
- Work the mixture into balls using your hands, having them slightly wet to prevent sticking.
- Roll the balls into the spicy seed mix and the shredded coconut and store in the fridge until ready to eat. Enjoy!
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Refined Sugar Free | Vegan