Golden Turmeric Mylk
Recently joining our team of fantastic food bloggers is the charming Evanna Kate. Evanna has worked with food in the hospitality industry for the past 9 years, spending some of that time training as a chef. After recently starting her own food blog combining her unique passion for food and style, here is one of Evanna’s signature recipes for winter.
4 tablespoons coconut oil
5 x cinnamon sticks
A handful of cardamom pods slightly crushed (approx. 20)
2 teaspoons of spice mix (a blend of cinnamon, star anise, cardamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves)
3 tablespoons ground turmeric
1 small knob of ginger and turmeric freshly sliced or grated
2 teaspoons of black pepper
1 tablespoon honey
1 litre of almond milk
2 thick strips of orange rind
1 vanilla bean
- Melt the coconut oil on medium heat in a deep saucepan.
- Add the cinnamon quills, cardamom pods, mixed spice, ground and fresh turmeric and ginger and toast until the aroma of the spices is released and they are beautifully golden.
- Add the split vanilla bean and seeds, honey, orange rind and almond milk.
- Cook on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool and leave to infuse in the fridge overnight.
- As the coconut oil will set, remember to mix well with a whisk when re-heating.
- Strain to serve and add a little turmeric and black pepper on top.
Dairy Free | Gluten Free | Refined Sugar Free