Green Matcha & Pistachio Bites
We were looking around for inspiration to share a fantastic matcha recipe on the blog and found this one by Real Food Healthy Body. Adjusting the recipe slightly by using Organic Maca powder in place of protein powder, this is the bomb of raw food balls. Absolutely delicious with the subtlety of green tea flavouring and delicious pistachios crumbles to finish off.
Serving Size: Makes 18 balls
1 1/2 cup raw cashew nuts
1 cup desiccated coconut
3 teaspoons Organic Matcha green tea powder
1 1/2 tablespoons Organic Maca powder
2 tablespoons coconut flour
4 tablespoons water
4 tablespoons rice malt syrup
3 tablespoons coconut oil
1/3 cup pistachio kernels
- Add the cashew nuts, coconut, maca, coconut flour and matcha into the food processor and pulse into fine crumbs.
- Add the water, rice malt and coconut oil and blend again until the mixture is well combined.
- Roll the mixture into balls (you may need a little more liquid/water here to get a good rolling consistency).
- Chop or process your pistachio kernels and then roll the balls in the crushed pistachios, pressing gently to set into the balls.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
Use macadamia nuts or almonds in place of cashews.
Use a vanilla flavoured protein powder in place of the maca.
Use maple syrup instead of rice malt syrup for a slightly sweeter snack ball.
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Vegan | Paleo | Refined Sugar Free