Healthy Christmas Muesli Stars
RECIPE OF THE WEEK: Affordable Wholefoods
Congratulations to Anna Rose for winning the Christmas recipe competition with these Healthy Christmas Muesli Stars. Full of wholefood ingredients and perfect for the festive season…fun, creative and cool for summer – ticking all boxes. Thank you Anna, We hope you enjoy your shopping voucher.
1 cup organic uncontaminated rolled oats
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1/2 cup insecticide free sunflower seeds
1 cup desiccated coconut
2 tablespoons organic chia seeds
1/2 cup organic pepitas
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 cup of honey
1/ 2 cup white chocolate (melted)
- Heat oven to 180 degrees and prepare a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the oats, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, desiccated coconut, chia seeds and pepitas in a bowl and mix to combine and pour onto the tray.
- Bake for 10 mins, toss, bake for further 8 mins or until lightly toasted then pour the mix back into the bowl.
- Re line the baking tray with fresh baking paper.
- Heat the butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and honey in a saucepan on medium-high until melted.
- Pour this over the muesli mix and toss to combine (it will be a loose mix).
- Tip onto the freshly lined baking tray and flatten just so muesli is spread evenly.
- Place in the freezer for two hours. Once set melt chocolate and (using a fork) drizzle over muesli.
- Once the chocolate has hardened lift muesli out of tray and place on a chopping board. Cut into stars (I used cookie cutters and pressed down hard). Easy as that you’re done!
- Keep in the freezer for crunchy effect but still good to put in lunchboxes! Enjoy
Refined Sugar Free