Salted Caramel Protein Balls
This weeks recipe of the week comes from local recipe creator Meg Phillips. A protein rich snack ball combining Pea Protein Isolate powder with the flavours of vanilla, caramel, coconut and chocolate. Super delicious, easy to make and packed with nutrition. Enjoy.
2 cups of raw cashews
1 1/2 cups of desiccated coconut
A pinch of pink Himalayan Salt
1/8 teaspoon of vanilla bean powder
3 tablespoons of pea protein isolate powder
1/8 mesquite powder (optional)
1 cup pitted dates
1/2 cup raisins
1 tablespoon coconut oil
50g Loving Earth Salted Caramel Chocolate (optional) (in-store only)
- Soak the dates and raisins in hot water for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, using a high speed blender or food processor, process the coconut and cashews until a fine meal is formed.
- Transfer this to a bowl and add the salt, pea protein, buckwheat and mesquite (if using).
- Drain the dates and raisins and add to the blender with the coconut oil. Process until smooth.
- Add this to the mixture you have prepared and mix until a dough forms.
- Roll into balls and place in the fridge or freezer to set for around 30 minutes.
Optional: Melt the Loving Earth salted caramel chocolate over a low heat and drizzle over the top of the balls. Place back in the fridge or freezer to allow the chocolate to harden.
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Vegan