Baked Lemon and Curry Leaf Rice
Once again inspired by the very talented Yotam Ottolenghi, this simple rice dish is absolutely delicious. Packed with amazing flavour, it is perfect alongside any curry or casserole dish.
Serving Size: Serves 4
5 cinnamon quills
Shaved rind of 1 lemon
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
3 stems of fresh curry leaves (about 25 leaves) or 35 grams dried curry leaves
400g organic white basmati rice, rinsed and soaked in water for 15 minutes and drained well
60g unsalted butter
Himalayan Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 180’C fan forced/Gas mark 6
- Place the cinnamon sticks, lemon rind, curry leaves and cloves along with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper in a medium saucepan.
- Cover with 680ml of water and bring to the boil on high heat. Remove from heat as soon as the water boils.
- Spread the rice out in an ovenproof dish or roasting tray, with approximately 24cm x 30cm dimensions.
- Cover the boiled water and aromatics and stir well.
- Lay a piece of greaseproof paper over the surface of the water and cover the dish with foil.
- Cook in the oven for 25 minutes, then remove and leave covered to sit for 10 minutes.
- Just before serving, melt the butter in small saucepan once its very hot add the lemon juice and swirl together.
- Pour over the hot rice and fluff it with a fork.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve whilst hot (you can remove the curry branches and cinnamon sticks or keep for the look).
Gluten Free | Refined Sugar Free