RECIPE OF THE WEEK: Affordable Wholefoods
This weeks recipe is a delicious labour of love. Julienned fresh carrot, beet and green apple combined with toasted walnuts, celery seed and fetta. A winner for summer. Enjoy!
80g organic walnuts
1 teaspoon celery seed
2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
500g raw beetroot and carrot (combined)
2 green apples
1/2 cup flat leaf parsley and mint
50g feta cheese (optional)
- Toast the walnuts and celery seeds in a dry frying pan over medium heat for 2 minutes, tossing regularly, then lightly crush in a pestle and mortar.
- Reserve half of the walnut/celery mix and place the rest into a large salad bowl, along with the apple cider vinegar and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix well to make a dressing.
- Scrub and trim the beets and carrots and using either a mandolin or grater (or by hand), slice the beets, carrots and apples into matchsticks then toss them in the dressing.
- Season the mix to taste, and sprinkle with the freshly diced mint and parsley, along with the reserved walnut and fennel seed.
- Finish with a crumbling of fetta on top and enjoy!
Gluten Free | Refined Sugar Free | Vegan Option