Middle Eastern Quinoa Salad
This weeks recipe of the week was inspired by the coming change of the season. A wholesome salad with the flavours of a middle eastern spring. Enjoy!
1 cup of uncooked organic white quinoa
2 cups of water
Salt & Pepper to taste
1/2 cup grated carrot
1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
2 dried figs, finely chopped
1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
Zest of one lemon
1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Pour the quinoa into a small saucepan. Add the water, saffron and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Bring to the boil, cover and reduce to simmer for 10-15 minutes until the water has been absorbed and the quinoa is fluffy. Allow the quinoa to cool completely.
- Transfer the cooled quinoa to a large mixing bowl. Add the carrot, shallots, fig, seeds, parsley and lemon zest.
- Stir to combine, drizzling the olive oil and tossing again.
- Season with salt and pepper if needed. Enjoy.
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Vegan
Shop Recipe Ingredients